This section contains a list of updates of the site since August 5, 1999. This is intended as a useful information for those people who visit this site on a regular basis. Most of the listed updates belong to the English version. To see the updates of the Spnish version, click Castellano at the bottom.
Most recent updates are on top of the list.
SOON: NEW SECTION ON EXPERIMENTS WITH SOUND
- The Digital Audio FAQ has been translated into English (formerly available only in Spanish)
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- A new article has been added to the Library On Line: Campaigning against noise.
- A new article has been added to the Children's corner: After-dance ringing-ears,
- A new article has been added to the Library On Line: Spectral information in noise mapping.
- The site is 4 years old! Sorry, the English version couldn't keep pace with the Spanish version lately. I'll try to change that!
- The site is 3 years old!
- A new article by Michael Wright has been added to the LIbrary On Line: Lawsuit is needed against Boom Cars, originally published by the Oklahoma Observer, June 25, 1999
- The section on the Noise Group has been updated.
- First announcement and call for papers for the Fourth International Multidisciplinary Conference on Acoustic Violence.
- The conclusions of the Third International Multidisciplinary Conference on Acoustic Violence have been added.
- The site of the Scientific Interdisciplinary Ecology and Noise Committee has been updated.
- The links section has been updated and reformatted.
- The Children's Corner section has been updated.
- The site is 2 years old!.
- A new article by Stephen Frazier on the efforts of a group of activists to update the noise Ordinance of Albuquerque city, New Mexico, USA, has been added to the library on line.
- The site is now 1 year old!.
- New items have been added to the library on line, such as a new article on firecrackers noise, links to a couple of articles for children which were formerly reachable only from the children's corner page, and an article on Acoustic VIolence originally pulished in Hearing Rehabilitation Quarterly, a publication of the League for the Hard of Hearing.
- The appearance of the home page has changed to include a background resembling the texture of an acoustical material. The link to the Spanish version is now more direct and intuitive, and the logos have been improved.
- New links have been added to the "links" section, particularly links to several Acoustical Societies and to children's websites on noise.
- A photo of Mr. Michael Wright has been inserted at the end of his articles.
- New links have been added to Rosario's and to UNR Editora's sites.
- A new Digital Audio FAQ has been added.
- The "links" section has been improved.
- A new link to interesting links has been added in the home page.
- Two articles by Michael Wright, Regarding boom-cars and violence induced by loud noise have been included in the library on-line.
- A new graph has been added to the article on "Sound Levels".
- A photograph of the Director-coordinator of the Acoustics and Electroacoustics Laboratory was included.
- There are new links in a few documents.
- A new paper ("Determinación del riesgo auditivo mediante la Norma ISO 1999") was included in the library on-line (only in Spanish version, sorry).
- The web site of the Acoustics and Electroacoustics Laboratory was created in the server cain (eie.fceia.unr.edu.ar) of the School of Electronic Engineering, National University of Rosario.